Wednesday, March 4, 2009

You Are Worth The Time

"Refreshments"
© J Licsko 06, 20"x 40" 
oil on canvas

     Outside obligations can be overwhelming, and perhaps I should add to my rule # 7 "always say yes".  I should add " but sometimes saying no is necessary, especially if it conflicts with rule # 14 give your self the gift of selfishness".
      My muse was bored with me.  Not much of my own creative work going on. The musts overtook the wants.
     This morning my dear friend Victoria Lyons, the creator of beautiful jewelry, sent me a YouTube video You Are Worth The Time. Written and produced by Jan Phillips, it was just what I needed.  Once again, my muse arrived in an unexpected form.  Thank you Victoria and Jan!
     I am passing on this inspiration to you, and will then turn off my computer. A fresh canvas awaits.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you very much --- another very inspirational gem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you - following your dreams, following your art! All the best, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, in Italy today is the feast of the woman, GREETINGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These 2 works (Refreshment and the Gift) are stunning, just my 'cup of tea' ;-) I love the composition and colour and the delicacy of the ribbon and tissue paper is just superb execution. I love reflections and have problems painting them myself, so, being selfish, I'd love to see more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. I have enjoyed looking through your blog - I really like your work and this post in particular resonated with me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific painting. I love the perspective, with that "in your face" bag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your generous comments and taking time to view my blog. In the future I will try to answer all comments individually if time permits. Please know that I visit all your blogs and find inspiration in your intelligence and heart.
    Joanne.

    ReplyDelete